As A Business
A business has many opportunities to adopt policies that can make a difference to the health of the Lagoon. Some simple changes matter and are highly visible to your customers.
Ways to make a difference:
Offer your customers paper bags vs. plastic.
Provide on premises visible ways for customers to properly dispose of cigarette butts.
Encourage customers to use less plastic by offering reusable bags for sale or as gifts with a minimum purchase.
Our Local Dining Establishments, as an example, have many viable ways to show customers they care about the health of the Indian River Lagoon
- Use alternatives to styrofoam and plastic.
- Give diners the option to OPT OUT of using straws.
- Use compostable containers and utensils for carry out.
- Give diners the option to Bring Your Own Receptacles for leftovers.
- Learn about the environmentally sound ways to dispose of cooking oils.
- Join LITTER QUITER, a program of Coalition partner: Keep Brevard Beautiful. LEARN MORE.
- Find out if you can participate in the Keep Brevard Beautiful Organics Composting efforts just begun in Brevard.
Contact Mac McCandless at KBB.
- Support non-profits helping the Lagoon. Email BIRLC for ideas of ways you can help.
- Join a local City Sustainability Board.
- Pick up trash with Keep Brevard Beautiful.
- Help plan living shorelines, oyster reefs and mangroves.
- Support leaders and candidates who put the environment first.
- Learn more from these Coalition partners: