People Asked: Q & A
- Consider reducing the amount of rain that can run off of your property.
- Don’t dump waste into storm drains.
- Dispose of household chemicals properly.
- Recycle used motor oil.
- Don’t over water your lawn. Consider a soaker hose rather than sprinklers.
- Redirect home downspouts onto grass or gravel rather than paved driveway or sidewalks.
- Minimize use of fertilizers and pesticides.
- install a green roof, rain garden or rain barrel to capture and absorb rainfall.
- Use porous surfaces like gravel or pavers in place of asphalt or concrete.