Skip to content
BIRLC/MRC 2024 Florida Legislative Priorities
Developed Cooperatively by The Marine Resources Council and Brevard IRL Coalition in collaboration with Brevard County and the IRLNEP
- Continue IRL Protection Plan funding at $100M/year.
- Funding for new KSC Sewage Treatment System with biosolids Conversion to beneficial products.
- Support plans for Enhanced Biosolid Treatment to eliminate the unsustainable practice of land application of biosolids.
- Ratify the Statewide Stormwater Rules Proposed by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection in 2023.
- Increase water quality monitoring as recommended by the Blue Green Algae Task ForceAllow Local summer Fertilizer Ordinances.
- Funding for Duane DeFreese Conservation Hub at the Proposed Aquarium.
- Allow Counties to set establish Seasonal Fertilizer restriction ordinances.
- Set maximum Nitrogen/phosphorous output levels in sewage treatment reused water.